Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Not so random ramblings

Oh what a day - nothing bad actually. I got a whack load of stuff done at work, mainly because nobody seeked my wisdom, and I got the third season of 24.

Ah - I still remember the first time I rented the first disc from the first season of 24. I was hooked like a heroin addict. It took us 2 nights to watch that first DVD and after I bought the first season. What a show ....

Then the second season came along - just as good if not slightly better. That show robbed me of a life for a week or so. Then when that was over, we had to wait for the 3rd season to be released. At first I had some withdrawl, which I filled with Ken Jennings and Jeopardy!, but that bubble was burst a few days ago. Then today the 3rd season came out. We went to Future Shop and picked it up. We have gotten through the first 3 episodes, but the g/f needs to watch her shows now. The fourth episode is for the 10 o'clock viewing.

My initial impressions are still ... well initial. Its still a damn good show and its probably some of the best progamming I have seen in awhile, but it seems different. I am not sure what it is yet. I think that things are almost going too quick and they are trying to get character development in as quickly as they can. Also, for the first time in the series, I was able to see a plot twist a good 20 or 30 minutes away. I wouldn't consider these flaws - I think it has more with the writers trying out new things.

I am still more addicted to the show than should be legal. Its a great show and I recommend it to everyone. For less than $70 I can't complain for about 19 hours of pure entertainment.

In another short note, I was just reading Dan Huard's blog. He is a guy who got laid off from the the former TechTV. The reason why I mention it is because he has a great post today about how he got into TechTV. Interesting ....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home